One book that I’ve been eager to pick up is “At Home in the House My Fathers.” The book is subtitled “Presidential Sermons, Essays, Letters, and Addresses from the Missouri Synod’s Great Era of Unity and Growth.” That’s a mouthful to say the least.
This book contains various sermons, essays, letters, and addresses from the first five presidents of The LCMS:
- Carl Ferdinand Wilhelm Walther (1847-1850, 1864-1878)
- Friedrich Conrad Dietrich Wyneken (1850-1864)
- Heinrich Christian Schwan (1878-1899)
- Franz August Otto Pieper (1899-1911)
- Fredrich Pfotenhauer (1911-1935)
If you are interested in the historical writings of our Synod, this is probably the book for you.